Saturday, July 11, 2009

Brain dead

Today was Brooklyn's birthday party. (More on that later.) And I spent a lot of the day in the sun. It left me a bit brain dead.

For instance, consider the moment at the grocery store racking my brain trying to figure out what the last item on the list was:

Chips
Avocado
Jalapeno
Torilla
Colby Jack Cheese
LeMon


I know I was sent to get ingredients for some type of salsa Tassi was making. "LeMon" is French, not Spanish. Maybe it is a brand and its product is known by the brand, like Kleenex. Then I reluctantly called home to ask what it was that I was supposed to be getting.

A lemon, Brandon. I need you to get me a lemon.

4 comments:

  1. Far too much time in the sun, huh? But thanks for the amusement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So yesterday we were at ColdStone and they had an icecream treat named germanchocolatekake. And Collin wanted that treat so he ordered it by asking for something like "german, chalk o lot uh ka ka" and the lady behind the desk says "you mean german chocolate cake?". Haha, you two MUST be related!! Funny story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashlee that story is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that I am not the only one going crazy sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete