Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Add a Punch With Fabric

First of all I absolutely love this blog, Little Green Notebook. She is an amazing interior designer who makes her house look luxurious with very little money spent. The great thing about her site is she will share where she gets her items and she has tutorials on some small projects. She actually makes you believe you can do it yourself. I shared in the bedroom post how I want to make pelmet boxes like she did for her girls room. I did not even know what a pelmet box was until I read her blog. That is to show how little I know about design. So here are some fabrics I picked out from Calico Corners to use all over my house for window treatments, ottomans, and a fireplace hearth. There are so many great patterns to choose from.

This fabric I think could look good in my family room as a ottoman (coffee table turned into ottoman) or as my fireplace hearth cover.
Maybe in my kids room to add a bit of floral or some where else. I would definately need to order swatches.

Another floral I think could have a chance in my kids room. Not too much just a touch. I love all the colors. In my green and white kitchen. I would love to use this red floral for a pelmet box or stool cushions.
In my brown dining room for a pelmet box or curtains.

So all of this will have to just stay in my mind for now. This baby boy is coming and I need to chillax.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the new room! And I think the fabrics you chose are gorgeous! I love that I can picture your house and know all of the rooms you're talking about! I think it's going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all of the projects. The kids' room looks great! I love when a project turns out! Can't wait to see this little baby boy!!!

    ReplyDelete