Sunday, October 04, 2009

U u unicorn

Brooklyn and I watched a session of Church conference at the chapel. To help her not get restless, I let her play a word game on my iPhone. The game is digital form of flashcards with a picture of an animal and the first letter.

"ah ah aligator."

"buh buh bee."

Brooklyn got through most of the alphabet as I only half paid attention. Then she got to "U".

"uh uh ugly."

She got my attention. "Wait. What?" I look down to see a unicorn representing the letter "U". This takes me by surprise as Brooklyn is not shy to express her appreciation of a majesticly drawn unicorn.

"uh uh ugly." Brooklyn says.

"but why do you think the unicorn is ugly?"

"Because this one doesn't have any hair and has funny eyes."

Upon taking a closer look, it is one of the more ugly unicorns I've encountered.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, that's funny! I have to agree, it is the ugliest unicorn I think I've ever seen. She is so smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that is an ugly unicorn. Clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I LOVE that unicorn! Amazingly crazy and odd!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious! I think she's way beyond the picture cues for the letter sounds. -- that poor, poor unicorn. He should call his agent. ;)

    ReplyDelete