Monday, August 09, 2010

Arlington, Va Flea Market

It has been awhile since I have been on. There is so much to blog about. I will work my way backwards. This last weekend we took a quick road trip up to Arlington, VA and DC. When I say quick I mean quick. We went mainly because of this sale. I love her style. It was fun to talk with Jenny and her husband Mike. This flea market was great. There were a lot of great sales. By the way I love flea markets but I am usually afraid to purchase. So this time around I took a set amount of cash and was ready to purchase things that I knew would work great for our house.

Here is what I bought at Jenny's sale.
For the the kids' room.
DSC_0153

The Pelmet Boxes I talk about all the time. I can use hers as my pattern.
DSC_0145

I love this chair. I was so happy it was still available when I got to the sale.
DSC_0139

I think the buttoned back is to die for.
DSC_0141


These were our other purchases from the market.
I love New York City. Why not buy a large original painting to hang in our house.
DSC_0150

I loved the colors in this painting.
DSC_0148


I love old boxes. This is an old army box. I have placed blankets, books, and magazines in it.
DSC_0142

DSC_0143

I would consider this a successful flea market trip.

3 comments:

  1. I am soooo happy for you guys! I've been hearing about your trip but I had no idea that you were going for her sale! That is dreammmyy! I love everything you bought and I bet you made it work so perfectly in your house. Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I ADORE that 3rd pic you posted, the one of C girl turned to the side. She is such a sweet pea! Also, what great finds! Definitely worth your trip even if the touristy stuff didn't work out. I can't wait to see these great items on display in your home. Love the flower painting and the trunk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such good finds! I'm totally envious of that chair. SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete