Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I bought a couch!

I love in photos when families or individuals are on a couch or chair in a random urban or natural setting. I have been in search of a couch, chair, or love seat for a few months now. I obviously can't afford the thousand dollar couches that are used in the high end photography studios. So what do I do? I hit the local Goodwill many times a month, Raleigh's awesome flee market, and craigslist daily. I finally bought an ugly modern multi print couch yesterday from Goodwill. I think with a rich bright colored slipcover this is going to look awesome for family and individual portraits.

It is really cool when a family already has a really cool prop like a brightly colored red chair. No worries the mom was right on the side of the chair and had let go for just a second so I could get the shot.



Here is my attempt at being cool like some really cool photographers.

Now imagine it in a beautiful field of tall grass with a wall of majestic trees for the backdrop. The couch is draped with a fitted slipcover in colors of gold, red, or deep purple.


What do you think? I will for sure show you the finished product. I am still on the lookout for a Queen Ann style chair or sofa. I am not very good at craigslist.

3 comments:

  1. I like your vision, I can imagine it quite clearly and I think it will be awesome. hooray for goodwill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool tassi. can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing design!! Check out the wide range of Sofa Couch from Spacify.com

    ReplyDelete